Thursday, August 25, 2011
























The Tomatoes are going strong this week. they are still fighting Septoria leaf Spot which has been a difficult one this year. The Peppers are also doing well. The Cubanella Fry Peppers especially. The specialty Red peppers are starting to turn also. I find I am very impatient and want to pick them too soon.
The Pole beans are dynamite!!! The are so easy to pick too. My problem is I want to eat them as i pick them and if I don't control myself then there would be less for you the shareholder.
I am still trying to get the lettuce planting down. In past years I have not had a problem but this year I don't know if it is me or the hot then cool fluctuating weather. It is probably me but I would like to think it is the weather.
Hearing horrible things about the hurricane that is heading our way. We will be taking down the cover to the Harvest Pavilion so it doesn't blow away. There is always something to do here on the farm.

Looking forward to seeing you today.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment