Thursday, July 28, 2011

CSA Pick Up July 28























I am so sorry for the late posting of the pick up this week. I took some personal time to be with my family Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and came home to a lot of weeds and garden work. Every thing is growing well. The biggest problem is the Bunnies that have decided that they like Broccoli and have eaten at least 1/2 of the tops out of the broccoli plants so I am down from 200 plants to 100. Bruce is setting a trap to catch Peter or Patsy. Not sure what I will do them if we succeed in catching them. I need to check with the Dept of Environmental Service to see if relocation across the river is a viable option. Right now Rabbit Stew sounds good except that I don't know how to make it and I am not into killing the bunnies I just don't want them eating my food.
The other problems we have encountered are Squash Vine Borer messing up my summer squash. I have pulled 6 plants now. I am still getting squash. I have to remove the plants from the garden and depose of them before the borer crawls out and finds the soil so he can over winter in the soil.

I am also delinquent in posting recipes but I will make it up soon.

Good news is the Cubanelle Frying peppers are big and ready for harvest. The Tomatoes look good just not ripe. I have finally planted the cucumbers and more beans. The Shallots and Garlic are curing. The Potatoes are flowering and over all things are pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment