Thursday, July 5, 2012

July is here!!

It is so hard to believe how fast the time goes.  Yesterday was the 4th of July.  Happy 4th to all of you.  I hope you were able to relax a little.  The summer is here and so is all the heat.  At least we are getting relief at night down in the 60's.  All the summer plants are happy!!  By that I am referring to tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, squash!!  The cool weather crops on the other hand - lettuce, and peas have shut down.  I am working on growing some lettuce that can withstand heat of summer so we will see how that goes.  I will keep you posted.  I was not ready for the heat to come so fast so I lost some of my greens to bolting.  Plants certainly do tell you what they like and don't like.  I am still battling the Bunny.  I think I know where he lives so we are clearing away the edge of the garden fence that we think is his portal to food and putting up some netting.  Hopefully, this will stop him/her/babies.  We will see.  This is pick up day so this entry needs to be short,  Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment