Thursday, October 20, 2011

CSA Pik up 19 October 20 2011























This is the next to the last pick up. There are not as many vegetables this week because we are coming to the end of the growing season. The cover crops are doing well because of all the rain. Speaking of rain, I could not get into the fields to dig the Sweet Potatoes yet. That is on the job list for this weekend because it is suppose to be sunny. They then have to cure for 2 to 3 weeks. I just hope the voles have not devoured all the potatoes. That is the gamble I have to take.

I planted all 1100 cloves of garlic in amongst the Oat cover crop this week. It is so exciting to be thinking about Spring and new garlic pushing its little heads up through the Oat mulch.
The Brussels sprouts are starting to form which is really exciting. With them being late I am moving my last pick up to November 17th which is the Thursday before Thanksgiving. I will also have the horseradish dug and there will be greens, Kale, like I mentioned above Sweet Potatoes if the voles save us some.

Looking forward to seeing you

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment