Monday, March 14, 2011

The snow has melted and so the chickens are a lot happier because they can now roam around and enjoy the sunshine and take their dirt baths. It has been a long winter for them and with the longer days they are also laying eggs more consistently.
The greenhouse is starting to have little green plants all over it. The Leeks and onions are up, along with celery and celeriac root and parsley. The carrots have been started and on Wednesday spinach will go into soil blocks.
On Saturday was the NOFA (Northeast Organic Farmers Association) Bulk order pick up. Because we are a member of NOFA we can order minerals like HiCal Limestone, BioChar, SulpoMag, stakes, row covers and other supplies for the season. I then went to my second Nutrient Density Crop growing workshop on Sunday so now I need the soil to warm up so I can shape up my beds, add my minerals, Broad fork the minerals and cover crops in and then put down the irrigation lines and black plastic and have the beds all ready for planting. It is getting to be that time of year. The equinox being next Sunday - Spring will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment