Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy new month! It is hard to believe February is here already. Planning is underway for the 2011 season. I have mailed in my NOFA bulk order which is comprised of minerals to put on the soil like Hi-cal lime, potassium, gypsum, phosphorous. It also includes supplies for the planting season like Agribon cloth for row covers to keep the flea beatles in check.

The fun of reading about seeds in the seed catalogues was also a January past time. I took an inventory of seeds I had left over from last year. Looking at what small amount of seeds I had left, I decided to start with fresh new seeds for this growing season. I then figured out the quanity of seeds I needed to have produce for my 25 CSA shares for the summer growing season. It involves a lot of math I am happy to say the seed orders are in.

The next step is trecking to NY to get my organic potting soil mix. That is scheduled for next Monday if the weather cooperates.
Speaking of weather, we now have another storm coming through so I need to go take care of the chickens - making sure they have food and water.