Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CSA Pick Up July 14





















It is the 5th pick up of the season. I am trying a PYO Pick-your-own for the first time. Raspberries and Blueberries are ripe. If you want some fruit plan to have a little time to pick berries. I will supply the berry container. If it doesn't work for you to pick tomorrow night talk with me so we can set up another time for you to stop by the farm and pick some fruit.

This is the last week for peas. Lucky for you they ripened quickly so I had to pick them and shell them. So I have been busy shelling peas. The eight foot pea vines have been cut down and I am now preparing the beds for pole beans and cucumbers to grow. I have also rescued the Chard, Celery, Celeriac, and Leeks from the fast growing weeds.

The Garlic has been harvested and is now hanging in the Sugar Shack curing. In about 3- 4 weeks depending on the weather you will find some garlic in your share.

Looking forward to seeing you at pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment